EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES)
The EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) program introduces professionals and students to the field of cryptography. The participants will learn the foundations of modern symmetric and key cryptography including the details of algorithms such as Feistel Networks, DES, and AES.
- Pre-requisites: 1-2 years of ethical hacking and/or penetration testing experience
- Course Length: 24 hours suggested duration
- Online Self-Paced Available
- Test Delivery: EC-Council Exam Center
Other topics introduced:
- Overview of other algorithms such as Blowfish, Twofish, and Skipjack
- Hashing algorithms including MD5, MD6, SHA, Gost, RIPMD 256 and others.
- Asymmetric cryptography including thorough descriptions of RSA, Elgamal, Elliptic Curve, and DSA.
- Significant concepts such as diffusion, confusion, and Kerkchoff’s principle.
Participants will also be provided a practical application of the following:
- How to set up a VPN
- Encrypt a drive
- Hands-on experience with steganography
- Hands on experience in cryptographic algorithms ranging from classic ciphers like Caesar cipher to modern day algorithms such as AES and RSA.
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in the selection and implementation of VPN’s or digital certificates should attend this course. Without understanding the cryptography at some depth, people are limited to following marketing hype. Understanding the actual cryptography allows you to know which one to select. A person successfully completing this course will be able to select the encryption standard that is most beneficial to their organization and understand how to effectively deploy that technology.
This course is excellent for ethical hackers and penetration testing professionals as most penetration testing courses skip cryptanalysis completely. Many penetration testing professionals testing usually don’t attempt to crack cryptography. A basic knowledge of cryptanalysis is very beneficial to any penetration testing.